29 November 2011

Man of Honor

Honesty is a principle that is lacking in today's society.  To be or find an honest man is a rare occurrence.  Dishonesty comes from selfishness; when it is easier to sacrifice integrity than to face the consequences of one's actions.  Selfishness motivates someone to take an extra couple of minutes on a lunch break, or to not provide a full day's work.
Karl G Maeser said regarding honesty.
 "I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor.' I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls--walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground--there is a possibility that in some way or another I may escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No. Never! I'd die first!"
Let us all work on being completely honest with those around us.  People's respect for you will increase as they come to know you as a man of you honor. In the name of Jesus Christ.
_Elder Halbert

No comments:

Post a Comment